[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Apr 1, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Apr 1 15:05:55 UTC 2020

>From this week's meeting...

* Community Business

      * Standing Topics

            * Sanity

                  * Monolithic: all green since last week
                        * build ID (date) no longer in Sanity email - can we have it back?
                           * used to be: "[Starlingx-discuss] Sanity Master Test MONOLITHIC build ISO 20200325"
                           * now:           "[Starlingx-discuss] Sanity Master Test MONOLITHIC"
                                 * AR: the sanity guys will add this back to the title

                  * Layered: continuing to work through layered build issues
                        * per Frank, working through some fundamental issues (as per Scott email http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-March/008205.html)
                        * root issue is that some rpms change content without changing version information
                        * will address in next build meeting

            * Gerrit Review in need of Attention
                  * none this week

            * CentOS 8
                  * Integrity/IMA - no longer a priority since stx.3.0 doesn't support the use of extended security - so no concern about testing this before kernel upgrade
                  * Overall Plan - still under construction

* Topics for this Week

      * Customer X Eval (Bruce) - some concerns

            * Proxy Issues During Installs
                  * could we make it easier to identify issue that are related to proxy?

            * LDAP Server
                  * used to manage Linux users
                  * per Brent/Greg, it's an internal thing, on the management network - shouldn't be visible on the customer's network

            * Performance Evaluation
                  * bugs have been opened for the issues seen
                        * <lp 1838411>
                  * will add some details on the mailing list

      * WeChat Group
            * per Austin, it's still active, but has been less active of late, it's ad-hoc
            * encouraged them to bring unanswered questions to the mailing list, or directly to this meeting

* Open Request for Help

      * Saul pointed out that this request has been open since early last week...
            * [OpenStack Upgrade] Built the stx-glance for stable/ussuri (YuChengDe)
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-March/008136.html
      * Don gave some context, relating back to a review that YuChengDe opened, and to this thread
            * [OpenStack Upgrade]Failed when build StarlingX docker images
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-March/007955.html
      * latest request seems from YuChengDe seems to be this:
            * if stx-glance builds without ceph, what impact will occur