[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Apr 8, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Apr 8 15:04:09 UTC 2020

>From today's meeting...

- Community Business

       - Standing Topics

             - Sanity
                   - Monolithic: all green
                   - Layered: all green but not fully layered yet
                         - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008250.html
                         - some additional steps to be done before we can cut over to this fully
                         - validate that the container images work ok & optimize the build times

             - Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
                   - none this week

             - CentOS 8 Kernel Upgrade Plan
                   - test plan areas discussed in distro non-opentack meeting:
                         https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-distro-other
                   - also working through questions/advice from JimS
                   - target completion & merge is end of April
                   - will continue to track progress weekly

 - Topics for this Week

       - election officials opportunity - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008260.html

       - PSA: stx-kernel repo - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008262.html
             - build team is ready to do this, requires a freeze to kernel updates - what's a good time?
             - impact to the team doing the kernel upgrade? - they'll have to move all the code to the new repo
             - the plan is start tomorrow & try to limit the duration of the lockdown - it'll be ~1-3 days

       - PSA: Project confirmation review slides - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008244.html

       - PSA: OSF Community Presentation & Recording - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008246.html

       - Open Sanity: Dariush/Yang
             - next step is to reach out to the OpenDev folks on IRC

 - Open Requests for Help

       - StarlingX install question (Abhijit Deodhar): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008263.html
             - agreed that Abhijit should start from scratch & try again - collect logs/info & bring those back to the mailing list for further help
             - and that if there is found to be a real software or doc issue, this should be raised as a Launchpad
             - Bart will respond
             - Bruce mentioned that Minguan (sp?) produced an info graphic re: using proxies <REF???>
             - Greg asked re: tools that Abraham/GDC had created previously - still maintained?
                   - Saul will check if these are still working correctly - maybe we can point Abhijit at these

       - Load Balancer for k8s in StarlingX (Sten Gruener): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008266.html
             - not currently supported - would require a spec
             - metalLB would be a good candidate, but would require investigation
             - Brent will respond