[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-08-19

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Fri Aug 28 14:57:36 UTC 2020

Thanks for the help Jeremy. In the docs meeting this week, the team agreed to follow the 2nd option you mentioned: the project-specific model and we'll branch the docs when the other STX repos branch.

The STX docs repo already has an R4 branch:  https://opendev.org/starlingx/docs/src/branch/r/stx.4.0  so that part is done.
Our planned URL structures are:  https://docs.starlingx.io/R4.01 (current release) and https://docs.starlingx.io/latest for the master branch.

Our goal is for the STX docs website to operate like the Horizon one with a version selection button in the titlerow.html (Nova doesn't have this button).
On the STX website, the button is implemented, but only "latest" is available.
Horizon examples:  https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/latest/  and https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/ussuri/
The Horizon docs are included in the project repo here: https://opendev.org/openstack/horizon/src/branch/master/doc

Appreciate your guidance for next steps to making this work.
thanks,
Mary Camp
PTIGlobal Technical Writer | maryx.camp at intel.com