[Starlingx-discuss] Openstack dashboard login issue with changes.

Kalvala, Haridhar haridhar.kalvala at intel.com
Tue Dec 1 05:02:59 UTC 2020

Hi  Scott & All,

Query : 1

I am facing issue with openstack dashboard login as admin when I am trying to build stx-horizon locally (without any changes). Raised launchpad for same : https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1905517 .

(A) Working case:

  1.  I have build latest master code (Following internal wiki<https://wiki.ith.intel.com/display/StarlingX/Procedure+for+Layered+build+for+Starlingx> ) ISO and deployed on machine.
  2.  Pulled openstack application from location here<http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/4.0.1/centos/flock/outputs/helm-charts/stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz>.
  3.  I am able to login into the openstack dashboard and starlingX dashboard.

(B) Non-Working case(Containerize horizon build):

  1.  Used same environment as above (ISO, deployed machine and stx-openstack application)
  2.  Build “stx-horizon locally”. Pushed it on to github,  updated openstack-application (on top of working case tgz file) files “stx-openstack.yaml”, “checksum.md5” accordingly with location and md5 number.
  3.  Applied openstack application.
  4.  But not able to login into openstack-dashboard as admin. Whereas able to login into starlingX dashboard.
  5.  Error message invalid credentials.
  6.  Logs are attached in launchpad.

(C) Working Case:
Used same environment as above Non-Working case (ISO, deployed machine and stx-openstack application), Except Instead of taking stx-openstack from flock ‘s output folder. I took from container’s output folder<http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/4.0.1/centos/containers/outputs/helm-charts/stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-latest.tgz>.
With this I am able to apply and able to login into openstack dashboard. But whatever changes I am doing (mario patch in horizon), and build successfully, those changes are not getting reflected in the dashboard (FM panel in openstack dashboard), the same works in 3.0 release.  So I have following queries and request your support in resolving it. Please let me know if we can have 30 minutes discussion today ?

  1.  What is the difference in flock’s and containers’s stx-openstack application ?

You can further check with Scott.

  1.  Which one to use ?

We usually use flock one.

  1.  Why changes are not reflecting neither in the filesystem of horizon nor on the dashboard, whereas same steps works on the 3.0 release.

Stx-horizon build file (latest of master. Have attached too) :  ./starlingx/workspace/localdisk/designer/intel/distro/cgcs-root/stx/upstream/openstack/python-horizon/centos/stx-horizon.stable_docker_image

Query : 2

I am trying to build RMPS and local wheels, so that during stx-horizon build it can refer latest wheels. But this is not happening and I get same error as package/wheel not found. Followed below steps suggested by Austin;

“
     I think it is from the wheel is generated by this script https://opendev.org/starlingx/root/src/branch/master/build-tools/build-wheels/get-stx-wheels.sh
     Those wheel should be extracted from local build rpms.
So from my understanding , here should be steps:
1) change spec files for stx gui, to support python3
2) build gui rpms in local w/ python3
3) build wheels for gui python3
4) build docker images.

”
In docker build; we export wheels to be picked from here<http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/latest_docker_image_build/outputs/wheels/stx-centos-stable-wheels.tar>. So is this is the reason why it is not picking local build wheels ? How to club both ?
Request support in building local wheel and stx-horizon docker with below  pipi packages mentioned in https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/upstream/+/661423/4/openstack/python-horizon/centos/stx-horizon.stable_docker_image

Thanks,
Haridhar Kalvala