[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-12-02

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Dec 2 22:30:13 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-12-02
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  5

All -- bug status -- 21 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
13 LP submitted by https://launchpad.net/~leiyuehui against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority).
Reviews here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config

Reviews in progress:   upstream docs, rook reviews

Upstreaming
   5 guides are WIP: Deployment Configuration, System Config, Storage Config, Node Management, Security
   Approx 7 guides remaining - some will be divided into other guides (Distributed Cloud is one example of this). Need to compare to Greg's original TOC and see if any updates to the plan.
   STX backup and restore:  https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_resources/backup_restore.html

Release request submitted to Openstack Tools team by Jeremy Stanley. When merged, this will activate the rubric styling for Prerequisites.
   https://review.opendev.org/765192

Deployment Configuration guide - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/764491
   Mary had a review comment about installation diagrams in upstream vs STX docs - Ron is using the STX diagrams, no issues.

Abbreviations for acronyms
  Ron asked: is there a list or guidelines on what is expected? Ignore common terms like CPU? When to do it - first instance only or every time?
  He proposes using substitutions/strings file to define them all instead of cluttering up the rst file with :abbr:`blah blah blah`
  Team agrees this is a good idea. In practice, it will look like this:  |AIO|  instead of :abbr:`AIO (All-In-One)`
  Note that the string doesn't work for a plural term. |PVC|s will not work. For some common terms we will need 2 forms like this |PVC| and |PVCs|
  Ron will start creating the strings file and team can review it. We can use it to create a Glossary later.