[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-12-08

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Dec 9 22:25:09 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========

2020-12-09
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  3
All -- bug status -- 22 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority). Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
Reviews in progress:   upstream docs, rook reviews

Opens:
Gerrit issues ongoing today - status link to bookmark:  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Status

WindRiver docs team is blocked from building docs locally. Could be caused by the recent PIP update? They are on Windows machines.
Several messages about this on stx-discuss and openstack-discuss, including: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-December/019285.html
Ron posted message on STX discuss - other WR folks have suggested possible fixes.
Ron will uninstall/reinstall tox as recommended and see what happens.
AR Mary send Ron and Juanita my cheatsheet for setup. (Mary sets up Ubuntu within Windows and works behind a proxy, so it's not an exact comparison.)

Upstreaming status:
Security guide updates coming end of week, also System Admin.
Node management doc was delayed but should be coming soon. Ron is working on the deeply nested index files and how to make it flatter.
User Tasks guide may be a good example to follow: https://docs.starlingx.io/usertasks/index.html

STX 5.0
Release team Etherpad:  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-releases
R5.0 Feature List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JbOQELqXG_GDoP1jo6YoRDytpTkJEs89TVimzvrqc_A/edit#gid=1107209846
Row 15 is SNMPv3. Spec is complete. Code merge target = 15Jan21

Doc Process discussion - How to coordinate changes to docs that have been upstreamed (part of StarlingX docs)

SNMPv3 is planned for the STX R5 release (April 2020 target). The tasks are captured in this story:  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008132
Changes will affect the Fault Management Guide, which is already upstreamed.

This is the first time we're running into this, so we want to be clear about the process.
On STX, we update the docs on an ongoing basis in the master branch. Then at release time, they are branched and tagged.
This means the SNMPv3 changes will be publicly available before R5 release.

The team agreed that Mary will add starlingx/docs tasks to the story, email Les with heads-up / how can I help?

Code review: remove the config/CLI commands from software:  https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/config/+/765813
Requires doc change in starlingx/config repo:  /api-ref/source/api-ref-sysinv-v1-config.rst ~line 4800
AR Mary reply to review.

Remove REST API from software:  https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/config/+/766094
Requires doc change in starlingx/docs repo:  doc/source/cli_ref/system.rst  ~line 315
AR Mary reply to review.

Doc reviews should be set to "depends on" the code change reviews.
Open: How to document SNMPv2 and V3 in the same docs? Identify SNMP v2 as "planned for deprecation"?