[Starlingx-discuss] [CentOS8] build-pkgs/build-iso completed successfully, but installer reports dependency issues

fuyong fuyong at neusoft.com
Thu Dec 10 02:25:51 UTC 2020

Hi Haiqing

Thanks for your investigation.

>>“#!/bin/sh echo module_hotfixes=true >> ‘/etc/dnf/dnf.conf’” in the “%pre” section of kickstart cfg"

yes, i tried, it invalid. In the end, I had to use "modules.yaml".

On 2020/12/9 上午10:32, Bai, Haiqing wrote:
You are right, this is caused by the dnf modularity.  For just test purpose, do you know whether can adding “#!/bin/sh echo module_hotfixes=true >> ‘/etc/dnf/dnf.conf’” in the “%pre” section of kickstart cfg,
I tried but failed to update “/etc/dnf/dnf.conf” on target.

Actually the below commit[0] making the normal repodata to module repo with the upstream “modules.yaml”:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8.1.1911/AppStream/x86_64/os/repodata/1feb2b0b68761a17ebdf1084518e3f53cec4ec5f317dc1dc7c780a2b041ec3b6-modules.yaml.gz
this gz file has been deprecated ,  after updated the above one with the modules.yaml in https://vault.centos.org/8.1.1911/AppStream/x86_64/os/repodata/,
the pyton36/python36-devel excluding issue gone,  but the same issues for qemu-kvm-ev.   I think this can be explained for that “qemu-kvm-ev” is not from vault AppStream, but built locally.  This means
we have to create module repo for these packages built locally.  I found below tools set that can do this:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/modulemd-tools
These tools requires that the “libmodulemd” must be upgraded to 2.0 which will cause python “__common_types” issue.  I am still working on this.
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
is not the intended recipient,unauthorized use,forwarding, printing, storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.