[Starlingx-discuss] rebase f/centos8 branch

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 4 05:50:19 UTC 2020

On 2/3/20 6:41 PM, Sun, Austin wrote:
> Hi Saul:
>       When do you think rebase will be ready ?

Austin,

Part of the challenge is that I can't download all the RPM/tarballs and
build the parts that have potential conflicts, like the kernel with the
Mellanox changes that Jim pushed to master recently.

I could possibly do a git rebase instead of a git merge, that will
change the f/centos8 branch's history and require all the developers
working on f/centos8 to re-pull and possibly redo some work, or save
their patches and re-apply them to the rebased branch.  2 different
workflows, one easier for me (rebase) or easier for developers to track
(merge).

Sau!