[Starlingx-discuss] [distcloud-client][security] security vulnerability detected by GitHub

Bailey, Henry Albert (Al) Al.Bailey at windriver.com
Thu Feb 6 14:57:42 UTC 2020

The requirements.txt file is out of date, and is only used during tox and not as part of the final product.

The spec files for the rpm discard the requirements.txt as part of building the rpms
https://opendev.org/starlingx/distcloud/src/branch/master/distributedcloud/centos/distributedcloud.spec#L99

The product (ISO) builds and packages with python2-requests-2.21   and python2-sqlalchemy-1.1.11  so there are no vulnerabilities.

We should get into the habit of updating those files, since it means that the version of those python modules that we are running tox against, is not the same as we are shipping with.
You are welcome to raise a  Launchpad (cosmetic, or minor)  about cleaning those up.

Al