[Starlingx-discuss] repo command stopped working

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Tue Feb 11 16:26:36 UTC 2020

It looks like they pushed repo version 2 into their stable branch last
night. You'll likely pick it up with your next 'repo init' or 'repo
sync'. It demands git 2.10.2 or better, which isn't available on Centos 7.

My initial workaround is ... for folks that are hit by this ... is to
revert to repo version 1.  I don't yet see a way to force repo 1 to be
used from command line, so we must let the first call fail ....

repo init ....    # command fails

cd .repo/repo

git checkout repo-1

cd -

repo init ....    # command passes

Hopefully we can work out a better solution...

Scott