[Starlingx-discuss] Is LDAP required?

Ward, Martin mward at akamai.com
Mon Feb 24 13:08:32 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Trying to install a simplex server and I’m running in to LDAP issues.

Specifically the fact that it seems to be timing out trying to connect to the server itself.  This can be seen when I run “sudo bash”, which eventually reports “Can’t contact LDAP server” and authenticates me against the passwd file.

slapd is definitely not running on start up. I can run “systemctl start slapd” and then see it running, but I still get this timeout error.

I could remove ldap from the nsswitch.conf file but I don’t know how that will break the StarlingX insallation.

Any thought or suggestions?

Martin