[Starlingx-discuss] Host CPU does not provide required features, install when only sse2 is available

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Thu Jan 16 16:47:52 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I want to install "Virtual All-in-one Simplex"  on my proxmox machine.
Its kvm-based solution and I run the starlingx vm nested with "host cpu".

Starting the installation:

bash setup_configuration.sh -c simplex -i ./bootimage.iso

gives

error: Failed to start domain simplex-controller-0
error: the CPU is incompatible with host CPU: Host CPU does not provide
required features: ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2

the host machine ia a bit older and has this cpu- flags:

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy
svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs
hw_pstate vmmcall npt lbrv svm_lock

Is it possible to run starlingx when only sse2 is available?

How can I do it?

Can someone help?

Tia

Stefan