[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meeting] docs team meeting minutes 2020-01-22

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Thu Jan 23 20:52:34 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  *   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  *   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Cheers,
Kris

StarlingX Docs Storyboard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.docs
StarlingX Docs Backlog: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-docs-backlog

2020-01-22
*         All -- reviews in progress and recent merges -- https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs

  *   4 merged since last week

  *   Open: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:open

  *   Mergable: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:open+is:mergeable
?  Please review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/702565/
*         All -- bug status -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
*         All -- Ongoing tasks:

  *   Kris -- misc doc clean up -  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007193 - All ok with my updates? YES

  *   Kris -- STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  Hosting qcow2 images: Ask author to join build meeting in 2 weeks. Confirmed

  *   Greg (was Abraham) -- Review these code and terminology changes impacting user docs -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCB-lrWhDIJLNAGWBt7wJ1_JxY21m71p -- and report back on specific actions required.
*         Transition plan: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-transition-plan

  *   Send announce (Kris)
*         Kris -- Releases

  *   R4.0 - target release date is July 3, 2020.
?  Code freeze end of May
*         Planning:

  *   Prio 1: Must have for R4 release https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a93wt0XO0_JvajnPzQwnqFkXfdDysKVnHpbrEc17_yg/edit#gid=1107209846

  *   (Keep install guides simple - minimum needed)

  *   We have 3 core types: install, config, ops
?  Intel FPGA support for K8s - Get doc w/ content for config and usage. (potential ops and config guide).
?  Kata Containers - Get doc w/ content for config and usage.
?  Active Dir Integ for K8s APIs - Get doc w/ content for config and usage.
?  Dist Cloud - Install guide changes, overview of distcloud functionality for OpenStack
?  Backup & Restore: How to (ops guide)
?  Kubernetes upgrade support: changes to existing (anything new?)
?  Redfish virt media support: likely changes to dist cloud bare metal install
?  Layered build: Likely changes to build guide.

  *   Prio 2: Should have for R4 release

  *   Prio 3: Nice to have

  *   Opportunistic: Actionable items to do as time is available
*         Q: How far back to we want to keep release specific install guides? Mechanism to archive a set of old release docs, w/out building in docs?