[Starlingx-discuss] exposing instance to the public network in the virtual starlingx installation

Dejan Muhamedagic dejan.muhamedagic at tttech-industrial.com
Mon Jan 27 14:38:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

We have a test virtual starlingx AIO-DX installation. One instance
should be reachable over the public network (at layer 2).

I tried adding a direct (macvtap) interface to the controller-0 libvirt
definition. However, after connecting that macvtap interface to the VM
instance, the ingress packets are not getting to the instance, most
probably because the instance's MAC address is different from the one
of the macvtap interface. There's some openstack macvtap documentation:

https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/config-macvtap.html

but I'm not sure how to create "physical_interface_mapping" with system
helm-override-update. Anyway, not quite sure if that would help.

Is there a better way to achieve this?

Recommendations and tips welcome.

Best regards,

Dejan
CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended only for the above addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, copying or delivering it to anyone else or using it in any unauthorized manner is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and the systems administrator at straymail at tttech.com immediately.