[Starlingx-discuss] Method to reboot controller-0 and oam-modify

Wensley, Barton Barton.Wensley at windriver.com
Wed Jul 15 12:18:50 UTC 2020

Pratik - see my answers below...

Bart

-----Original Message-----
From: Pratik M. <pvmpublic at gmail.com>
Sent: July 15, 2020 6:55 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] Method to reboot controller-0 and oam-modify

Hello everyone,
Three questions from a newbie:

1. What is the recommended method to reboot a singleton controller-0.
I do a "system host-lock" followed by a "system host-reboot". But when the controller comes back up it's status is locked. If I do an unlock, it reboots again. Can I rather just do a "sudo reboot"
[Bart] The right way to reboot an AIO-SX controller is to lock it and then unlock it. The unlock will trigger a reboot.

2. How do I modify the OAM address in an AIO-DX setting? I did a "system oam-modify" but it does not take effect in Linux. Do I need to do a lock/unlock? Or a swact to controller-1 and back?
[Bart] Once you have changed the OAM IP, you need to lock/unlock each controller (one at a time). This requires a swact between the controllers. Then you need to lock/unlock each worker host (if you have any).

3. What is the intent of lock/unlock?
[Bart] Locking a host takes it out of service to allow maintenance or configuration changes. Unlocking it reboots it and brings it back into service.

Thanks in advance