[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-07-15

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Jul 15 21:07:31 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-07-15
. All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  6

. All -- bug status -- 5 total
   o [ww29] 3: Doc suggestions [not started-defer till after R4], Rename "active-backup" [not started-low], Helm install command for Kubernetes dashboard needs correction [not started-high]
   o [ww25] Remove hardcoded "r1" in build scripts & docs [not started-defer]
   o [ww20] Networking documentation [not started-defer]

. Reviews in progress:
   o Update .gitreview for r/stx.4.0   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740036/  AR Mary to figure out what happens next...
      . Old R3 branching review is here: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696553/  It was abandoned because docs weren't branched back then (Dec 2019)
   o 2 reviews to enable the "Version" dropdown on the HTML pages:  We will not maintain releases >2 versions back (n & n-1). After R4.0 is released, then R3 will be last supported version.
      . Merged https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740072/   Update to titlerow.html in starlingxdocstheme
      . Merged https://review.opendev.org/#/c/739636/   Update to conf.py in starlingx/docs repo
   o Update Backup & restore guide for rook https://review.opendev.org/#/c/739900/
   o Rook migration editorial  NOT officially in r4.0 but code will merge quickly afterwards. AR MARY figure out how to handle. Should be tied to the code merge -- Orig review 723291 has link to storyhttps://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005527
   o Modifying layered build commands (add pike / remove pike)  This review is valid for the current situation: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/717424/
      . Saul's review is valid for "future" situation -- we think will be merged in next couple of weeks https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693761/

. All -- R4 target content: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.4.0&project_id=1046
   . https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007222 (update dist cloud bare metal install w/ redfish info)  Dariush pointed me to Eric.MacDonald at windriver.com
      . AR Mary ask Greg about the urgency of this task. Can it wait till the upstreaming happens?

All -- Opens
o None this week.