[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-07-29

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Jul 30 01:44:36 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-07-29

. All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  5 [2 were already merged and then cherry-picked into the R4 branch]

. All -- bug status -- 6 total, all low priority
	o [ww30] 2: Changes in starlingx-api-ref.rst [low, WIP by Wenping Song], request to change install method (using rsync instead of STX mirror site) [defer till after R4]
	o [ww29] 2: Doc suggestions [not started-defer till after R4], Rename "active-backup" [WIP-low]
	o [ww25] Remove hardcoded "r1" in build scripts & docs [defer till after R4]
	o [ww20] Networking documentation [defer, may be resolved after WR docs are upstreamed]

. Reviews in progress:
	o Several reviews related to Rook
		. Rook is NOT officially in r4.0 but code will merge quickly afterwards. Orig review 723291 has link to story https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005527

. R4 Release Notes draft review:  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/742989/
	. Discussed Ildiko's comments and came up with resolutions. Mary will take the pen and update the RST file.
	. AR Mary to bring up Bug fixes and Known limitations in the release meeting tomorrow for any suggestions.

 All -- Opens

. Version & tagging. Will it just work automatically? Ildiko and Mary think that the doc tool scripts use the tags for the version fields, but we're not sure how.
AR Mary ping Scott Little with a reminder about the tagging the docs (new process for R4).

. Release Notes for 5.0
	o We looked at the Nova example here:   https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/ussuri.html
	o The STX release notes process doesn't need to be as complicated as the OpenStack tooling (reno tool?)
	o We could do something simpler, like keep a running list in a RST file.
	o Suggestion to start with 1 standing "R5 RN" review and get the developers to add bullets as they add features.
	o On the STX RN landing page there are project specific RN links, but they are all from Release 1:  https://docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/index.html#release-notes
	o AR Mary check the other STX project repos (bare metal, etc), do they have RN at all? Maybe it makes sense for some of the complex projects, like Flock or Upgrade.