[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - June 25/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sat Jun 27 02:24:46 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:

- Ussuri Status   >> MS-3 Status
      - It feels like we are only hours away vs days. 
      - Currently testing build scripts that should handle images built w/ python2 as well as python3.
      - Note: Team in Shanghai is on holiday Thursday/Friday
      - Focus has been on monolithic build
      - If we run into issues w/ layered build, we will consider turning off layered build for stx.4.0
      - Forecast to merge is Monday 29. 

- Feature Test Update
      - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C9n4aRQT7xMyTDCT5sfuZGNI9ermAX5BYRypzcCpQ6U/edit#gid=968103774 
      - Remaining feature test:
            - FPGA Integration - 6/26                            On track. Status: Some issues reported & fixed. Going well.
            - TSN Support in Kata Container - 6/23      Moved by 1wk; seeing core dumps on application. New Date: 7/2
            - Openstack Rebase to Ussuri - 7/3           On track. Status: No big issues to highlight

- Regression Test Update
      - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gA3bnLS7aY2y8dKxm4MuqpWyELq3PVJMYtiHn4IWiAk/edit#gid=1717644237 
      - Need two weeks after Ussuri merges. New Forecast: 7/10 - 7/13

- Bug Backlog
      - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.4.0 
      - Current Count: 57
      - Community members/teams are focusing on bug resolution

- Release Date / Backend
      - Given the delay in declaring the MS-3 milestone, need to look at either compressing the backend of the schedule or pushing the release date out. 
      - Current Release Date: 7/17
      - Currently carrying a risk of 2wks if we want to keep the Final Regression duration to the planned 2wks. Otherwise, we would have to accept some risk and reduce the final regression.
            - Bruce: Would feel more comfortable being aggressive on the date if we can put a plan in place to deliver fixes via the patching or upgrades mechanism
            - These mechanisms exist, but the community effort to regularly create, verify and release binary patches/increments would be too high.
      - Discussed being flexible with the date as long as we are close to our initial plans -- in the same month
      - Decided to monitor progress over the next week and discuss further in the next release meeting.

      - RC1 Branch Creation
            - New Target: 7/7

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list