[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX and Openstack installation

Abhijit Deodhar abhideodhar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:21:35 UTC 2020

I am trying to install Openstack with StarlingX by following the
instructions mentioned here:
https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r3_release/openstack/install.html

I completed the above steps and then I tried to access the local CLI using
these steps:
https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r3_release/openstack/access.html

The document has this step:
Configure helm endpoint domain
<https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r3_release/openstack/access.html#id1>
ΒΆ
<https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r3_release/openstack/access.html#configure-helm-endpoint-domain>

For a lab setup where I dont expect any queries from outside the localhost,
Is this step required?

I skipped the above step and configured the clouds.yaml. I hit few issues:

1)  I cannot access the GUI using the <floating address>:31000 port from
the browser?
2) The local CLI commands such as "openstack image list" keep failing with

controller-0:~$ openstack image list
Failed to discover available identity versions when contacting
http://keystone.openstack.svc.cluster.local/v3. Attempting to parse version
from URL.
Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)
controller-0:~$ source /etc/platform/openrc
[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ export OS_CLOUD=openstack_helm
[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ openstack image list
The request you have made requires authentication. (HTTP 401) (Request-ID:
req-ed0117db-5fc2-4d21-9175-d8fcd6434fb7)

I am not sure what exactly I am missing wrt the configuration.
Can someone please help me by providing any pointers ?

Thanks
Abhijit