[Starlingx-discuss] Stepping down from TSC

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 21:19:41 UTC 2020

Hi all,

With the recent changes at Intel I find myself beginning the next
phase of my career and for the first time in 10 years it unfortunately
does not include OpenStack.  I saw OpenStack grow from the marriage of
early Swift and barely-old-enough-to-walk Nova to a very mature and
successful platform.  I met countless interesting and wonderful and
talented people along the way and learned more than I ever imagined I
would.

It has also been a pleasure and an honor to be part of StarlingX from
almost the beginning of Intel's involvement, including being part of
forming the Technical Steering Committee.

While the change of employer does not require me to do this I feel it
is in the best interest of the StarlingX TSC and the community to step
down effective immediately.  I have already been noticeably absent for
a while and there will not be time for me to contribute in my new
role.  I submitted the review to make this official a few minutes ago:
https://review.opendev.org/713541.

Just for completeness I have also stepped away from OpenStackClient as
that project was folded into the OpenStack SDK led by Monty Taylor in
the last week or so.

Thank you all and may our paths cross again for all of the right reasons.

dt

--
Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com