[Starlingx-discuss] Status Check on Layered Build

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Mon Mar 23 19:50:53 UTC 2020

monolithic build failed due to disk space exhaustion on the root fs.
Tracked to stall docker images that I manually pruned.  The odd part was
that I could see the jenkins logs where it stops and rm's the image
successfully.

I also looked into why the images were so big... 2.2 GB Yum cache.  I'm
temped to use 'volume' to redirect guest:/var/cache/ to
host:/localdisk.  I suspect this isn't the correct answer for everyone
however, so it might be something cengn/jenkins must pass in via command
line, rather than a generic fix we could commit to stx-tools.

Flock layer build seems to relate to a kernel update on friday. Distro
built the new kernel, but flock isn't downloading it. Yumdownloader
isn't providing a valid url that curl can use to download it.  Still
working on why...

Scott