[Starlingx-discuss] Docker Proxy Setup

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Mon Mar 30 16:01:04 UTC 2020

Hi There,

I am reviewing the Docker Proxy Configuration page [0]. I tried to run
the service-parameter-modify and get the following error message:

[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system
service-parameter-modify platform docker http_proxy http://my.proxy.com:1080
Service Parameter not found: service platform, section docker, name
http_proxy
Service Parameter not found: service platform, section docker, name
http://my.proxy.com:1080

I also tried using name=value:
[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system
service-parameter-modify platform docker http_proxy=http://my.proxy.com:1080
Service Parameter not found: service platform, section docker, name
http_proxy

I looked at service-parameter-list and there is no docker section as
part of the platform service, so I tried to use service-parameter-add
and got the following error:

[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system service-parameter-add
platform docker http_proxy=http://my.proxy.com:1080
Invalid service section docker.

It seems that the Docker Proxy Config docs page it out of date and/or
not working correctly, can someone let me know what I am doing wrong?

[0] https://docs.starlingx.io/configuration/docker_proxy_config.html

Thanks
   Sau!