[Starlingx-discuss] Builds remain broken

Sun, Austin austin.sun at intel.com
Tue May 5 12:05:03 UTC 2020

Hi Scott & Frank:

   Shuicheng has uploaded changes [1] to fix distro layer builder error.  With this change , layer build is ok in local env.
Details following Scott's guide :
1) Compiler and distro layer build successfully in a clean and separately workspace.
2) For flock layer,  using Cross layer to build as flock is using kernel upgrade distro output in local.
     The mirror/CentOS/stx-installer/ for flock layer is not generated after download_mirror.sh and generate-cgcs-centos-repo.sh, I manually cp those files to this folder.
     Except this step,  builds-pkgs and build-iso were successfully for flock layer.

Currently we cannot trigger cengn build to verify in cengn env.  @Scott , would you like to trigger cengn build to check if layer build is unblocked after [1] is merged.

If cengn layer build is still failure w/ change [1] , we are ok to revert kernel upgrade changes.

BTW: is there any guide how to trigger cengn build , are any additional permissions needed ?  it might be useful different time zone can trigger cengn build .

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/725447/

Thanks.
BR
Austin Sun.