[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX and load balancers?

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Wed May 6 19:17:07 UTC 2020

In STX4.0, as part of the cert-manager work, we added nginx as the default ingress controller for starlingx.  It’s installed at bootstrap time.

We currently don’t support a load balancer for the StarlingX.
Typically in Kubernetes that is provided by the underlying cloud that Kubernetes is installed on ... but we are Kubernetes on bare metal.
There are solutions for bare metal load balancers for Kubernetes, but we haven’t done that yet on StarlingX.
Depending on your end-to-end networking solution, it may not really be necessary.

Greg.