[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-05-06

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed May 6 22:05:50 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-05-06
. All -- reviews merged since last week:  3
. All -- bug status -- 7 total, 4 WIP
	o [ww18]  admin endpoints in distributed cloud are changed to https [WIP]
	o [ww17]  Debug guide [not started]
	o [ww16]  Kata containers [WIP, location under Kubernetes operations] and Build Avoidance (not started; AR Mary compare bug text to existing guide
	o [ww15]  Backup & restore procedure info [WIP]  Pinged Mihnea again, cc Frank Miller. Add to Operations section.
. Reviews in progress:
	o TSN in Kata containers - Yi Wang author - needs technical review. Mary will do clerical edits after merge.
	o Rook migration - Martin Chen author - needs author updates. Mary will do clerical edits after merge.
	o Modifying layered build commands (add pike / remove pike)
. All -- Opens
	o From Bruce, feedback from the field team supporting STX customers:
	. Documentation: Documentation can be improved. The Getting started guide abruptly ends after setting up OpenStack but not networking (and the networking wiki while complete, isn't the best piece of literature. It's 	also not linked-to from within the getting started guide). Similarly, the lowlatency worker subfunction isn't documented at all (except for a mention in one of the mailing lists). There's much we can improve.
	. "lowlatency worker subfunction" = real time kernel AR Mary find this in the discuss archives and figure out where it belongs.
	. "networking wiki" is probably the TSN wiki page. [We think he's talking about networking in general]  We could add a helpful example (even if very simple) and/or helpful link to OpenStack documentation about next 	steps. AR Mary ping Steve Webster for help on this. Could set up a LP issue for this, but ping him first.

	o Layered Build guide thread on discuss list: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-May/008529.html [Shuicheng] and http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-May/008515.html [Saul]
	. Shuicheng is saying to update the existing build guide w/pointer to Layered Build guide; Saul says Layered Build guide is good and needs edits. AR Mary to email Poornima about this.

. Discussion last week:
	o Bruce: attended marketing call with foundation, significant need for blog posts, esp new release, new content. Mary is available to help with edits/proofing as needed.
	. AR for Bruce and Greg to find likely authors for blog posts within the teams.

	o Search option for docs: Our docs page should have a search option. [Mary ask Kris about search, was it looked into?]
	o Website needs update. AR Mary to find how to change the website. Git repo, file an issue? who can help.

. Discussion 2 weeks ago:
	o WIP: Docker proxy setup Priority 1 task
	. 06May:  Discussion of draft diagrams. We agreed that the Rotated diagram is preferred, just need to switch public/company clouds (left/right)