[Starlingx-discuss] Request freeze on commits

Miller, Frank Frank.Miller at windriver.com
Tue May 12 15:06:16 UTC 2020

StarlingX Community:

We have struggled for the past 2+ weeks to get a sane load.  At this point I have no choice but to ask all Cores to freeze commits and not allow any commits to merge unless they address a build or sanity issue.

Last night's docker image build failed due to a recent commit and the developer is providing a fix.  But we also have issues prior to this in sanity due to the build layering method pulling in the wrong version of a package.  If the current fixes do not result in sanity passing then I'll ask the build team to revert to the monolithic build until a better solution can be found.

Frank
Project Lead for Build