[Starlingx-discuss] Presenting to TIP open networking group

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Thu May 14 14:58:12 UTC 2020

Hi StarlingX team,

Congrats on the good confirmation preview with the Board today!

The Telecom Infra Project has a workgroup that is attempting to test an open packet core and has been looking at different infrastructure components to use for the underlying testing. They will be making use of Kubernetes to run network services and are probably going to be deploying that on bare metal and OpenStack. One of the engineers at Facebook found StarlingX and was interested in getting more info on it. Ildiko gave them a brief rundown last week, and last night Boris Renski (Mirantis founder, now starting a new business called FreedomFi, who is also leading the workgroup) asked me if anyone from the StarlingX project would come and give a 20-30 minute presentation to the group.

They meet weekly on Thursdays at 10am PDT. I’m assuming that today’s meeting is too quick of a turnaround, but is anyone able to join one of their next meetings? Thanks!

Jonathan