[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - May 14/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri May 15 01:35:38 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

stx.4.0
- Load Stability
      - Sanity was finally green on May 13
      - However, got another build failure a day later (May 14) with python3 updates
             - Good News: Immediate action by developer to back out the offending commits
             - Waiting for read-out on root-cause to decide what corrective actions / learnings to discuss in the community call

- Selective Feature Updates
      - Feature Tracking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a93wt0XO0_JvajnPzQwnqFkXfdDysKVnHpbrEc17_yg/edit#gid=1107209846
      - Fault Containerization
             - Team in Bangalore is getting started
             - Have some questions for Don & Tyler.
             - Will monitor, but don't feel strongly that this absolutely must make it in stx.4.0. It can go in early in master after the release branch is created.
      - Openstack Upversion to Ussuri
             - Zhipeng provided additional test-cases related to openstack as part of the Ussuri testing.
             - Nick will consider adding them to the regular sanity for expanded coverage.
      - Ceph Containerization
             - Test team has started testing w/ engineering build, but documentation is not complete and it appears that more churn is still required.
             - Ghada to follow up with Austin on new merge date

- Milestone-3 Discussion
      - Agreed that for MS-3, the focus is to get the bulk of the code in stx master
             - Feature tweaks / minor enhancements / cleanup can continue beyond this date.
             - The key is to avoid major churn so that we don't invalidate the regression testing which will be in progress.
             - We should also reduce risk as we get closer to RC1.

- Regression Testing
      - Testcase selection is in progress.
      - Testing will start on Monday May 18
      - Expect to need 6wks

- Feature Testing
      - Progressing well
      - Features Requiring follow-up:
             - Ceph Containerization: working with the development primes
             - TSN: documentation available, test team will look at how to create the required setup next week.