[Starlingx-discuss] 答复: [build-report] STX_build_pre_installer_layered - Build # 357 - Failure!

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Mon May 25 19:50:54 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-24 10:02 p.m., Sun, Austin wrote:

> Hi Scott:
>
>      I think adding BuildRequires is definitely need , but I still not
> fully understand these issues yet.
>
> 1) the 20200521 failed at setup issue.
>
>      “It upversioned the kernels, but failed to follow the guidance to
> upversion all external kmods”
>
>      Does it mean there is no depends check during layer build
> environment ?
>
>      From my understand , the build system should solve dependence
> automatically and re-build necessary dependent packages.

Yes, that was the intent, but this dependence mechanism seems to be
having issues that I need to get to the bottom of.  I'll be opening a
launchpad once I know a bit more.

> 2) Build # 357 - Failure!
>
>      Does CENGN distro layer clean build ?
>
>      In local layer build verify , as guidance , doing clean build,
>  this issue can not be reproduced.
>
> since kmod will depend on kernel,  once kernel build , the
> elfutils-libelf-devel should be installed in mock env.
>
> Any suggestion to verify this issue on local environment to avoid
> similar issue happen in future ?

layered build is using build avoidance.  We were forced to do this
because a clean room build of an unchanged src.rpm still shows deltas in
the rpms (trivial stuff like timestamps on files) that would force
everyone to re-download those rpms after every build.  This would
totally defeat the advantages layered build hoped to offer.

Build avoidance just re-uses a prior build of a given rpm if the
change/dependency check doesn't flag it as requiring a rebuild.