[Starlingx-discuss] [all]Week Out PTG Details & Registration Reminder

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:06:34 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone!

We are so excited to see you next week at our first virtual PTG! Below are
all the details you need to have a fun and successful event.

First and foremost: PLEASE REGISTER;
https://virtualptgjune2020.eventbrite.com/

If you don't register for the event, we have no way of sending you
information about the event, specifically
the passwords that we will have set on the zoom rooms. Registration is free.

=Final Schedule=

The final schedule for the event is available here[1] and in the PTGBot[2].

=Tooling & Passwords=

For each virtual PTG meeting room, we will provide an official Zoom
videoconference room, which will be reused by various groups across the
day. Please make sure to leave the room at the end of your team meeting!

We will be setting passwords on the rooms to prevent vandalism/harassment,
and we will send those out 24 hours before the start of the event.

OpenDev's Jitsi Meet instance is also available at
https://meetpad.opendev.org as an alternative tooling option to create
team-specific meetings. This is more experimental and may not work as well
for larger groups, but has the extra benefit of including etherpad
integration (the videoconference doubles as an etherpad document, avoiding
jumping between windows). PTGBot can be used to publish the chosen meeting
URL if you decide to not use the official Zoom one. The OpenDev Sysadmins
can be reached in the #opendev IRC channel if any problems arise.

We recommend you try out Zoom and Meetpad ahead of the PTG to solve
audio/video issues.

=IRC=

The main form of synchronous communication between attendees during the PTG
is on IRC. If you are not on IRC, learn how to get started here [3].

The main PTG IRC channel is #openstack-ptg on Freenode, and it's used to
interact with the PTGbot. The OpenStack Foundation (OSF) staff will be
present to help answer questions.

=PTGbot=

The PTGbot[2] is an open source tool that PTG room moderators use to
surface what's currently happening at the event.

Room moderators will send messages to the bot via IRC, and from that
information the bot publishes a webpage with several sections of
information:

- The discussion topics currently discussed in the room ("now")
- An indicative set of discussion topics coming up next ("next")
- The schedule for the day with available extra slots you can book

Learn more about the PTGbot via the documentation here [4].

=Help Desk=

We are here to help! If you have any questions during the event week, we
will have a dedicated Zoom room where an OSF staff member will be available
to answer your event related questions. If a staff member is not there to
help, you can always reach someone at ptg at openstack.org or on IRC in the
#openstack-ptg channel.

=Feedback=

We have created an etherpad[5] to collect all of your feedback throughout
the event. Please add your thoughts so we can continue improving our
virtual events!

=Virtual Event Best Practices=

Check out our list of virtual event best practices[6] prior to the event to
help make the most of your time at the PTG.

=Code of Conduct=

The PTG is for everyone. We have zero tolerance for harassment and other
violations of the OSF Community Code of Conduct. Before the PTG begins,
please review the Code of Conduct[7] and know how to report an issue.

-The Kendalls (diablo_rojo & wendallkaters)

[1] Schedule: https://www.openstack.org/ptg#tab_schedule
[2] Live PTGBot: http://ptg.openstack.org/ptg.html
[3] IRC Setup: https://docs.openstack.org/contributors/common/irc.html
[4] PTGBot Documentation: