[Starlingx-discuss] Resource requirement for Starlingx

Rai, Ankush Ankush.Rai at commscope.com
Fri Nov 13 14:35:56 UTC 2020

Thank you Greg. It helped a lot.

Regards,
Ankush
From: Waines, Greg <Greg.Waines at windriver.com>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 6:33 PM
To: Rai, Ankush <Ankush.Rai at commscope.com>; Camp, MaryX <maryx.camp at intel.com>; starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Cc: Ni, James <James.Ni at commscope.com>; Balaraj, Juanita <Juanita.Balaraj at windriver.com>; Stone, Ronald <Ronald.Stone at windriver.com>
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] Resource requirement for Starlingx

Ah ok ... I see. Our documentation of minimum hardware requirements should to be clarified a bit ... The “minimum hardware requirements” that we quote are for a complete system ... platform and applic
Caution (External, greg.waines at windriver.com<mailto:greg.waines at windriver.com>)
IP Address URL   Details<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/details?id=Y29tbXNjb3BlL2Fua3VzaC5yYWlAY29tbXNjb3BlLmNvbS9lNWY1OGIyMTQ2OGVkYTUwODhmNzAwYjM0ZDgxZTIzYi8xNjA1MjcyNjAxLjYy#key=ada8b3bc9f09b9e7c793c8753cd27350>
Report This Email<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/report?id=Y29tbXNjb3BlL2Fua3VzaC5yYWlAY29tbXNjb3BlLmNvbS9lNWY1OGIyMTQ2OGVkYTUwODhmNzAwYjM0ZDgxZTIzYi8xNjA1MjcyNjAxLjYy#key=ada8b3bc9f09b9e7c793c8753cd27350>  FAQ<https://www.inky.com/banner-faq/>  Protection by INKY<https://www.inky.com>

Ah ok ... I see.

Our documentation of minimum hardware requirements should to be clarified a bit ...
The “minimum hardware requirements” that we quote are for a complete system ... platform and applications.
But an important piece of information that we are not specifying is how much of those hardware resources are used by the platform.
e.g.
For an AIO-SX server, the StarlingX Platform uses
CPU Cores: 2 physical cores (i.e. 4 logical cores if hyper-threading enabled) (without openstack ... with openstack, an extra physical core per socket)
RAM          : 6 GB  (without openstack ... with openstack, an extra 1G per socket is used for vswitch)

So Application has the remaining:  (without openstack)
CPU Cores: 6 physical cores
RAM          : 58 GB

Greg.