[Starlingx-discuss] Ansible-playbook deploy distributed cloud failed

Penney, Don Don.Penney at windriver.com
Wed Nov 18 15:38:05 UTC 2020

I don’t know anything about this step, but this is simply a flag file indicating a particular step has completed. You’d want to look for what’s failing to cause this step to fail to complete.

A couple of quick “repo grep” commands shows that the flag file is created by a puppet runtime manifest here:
https://opendev.org/starlingx/stx-puppet/src/branch/master/puppet-manifests/src/modules/platform/manifests/postgresql.pp#L196-L224

which gets applied from sysinv here, after it determines initial inventory is complete:
https://opendev.org/starlingx/config/src/commit/9bc8f0ddf7e1801a34295aca847ddcc92f47bce1/sysinv/sysinv/sysinv/sysinv/conductor/manager.py#L11559-L11566

So I’d maybe start by looking at sysinv logs.