[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-10-07

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Oct 7 20:38:36 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========

2020-10-07
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  1  (+2 cherry picks from master into R4 branch)
All -- bug status -- 10 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
4 LP submitted by https://launchpad.net/~leiyuehui against API documentation, which is generated from source code. They have self-assigned and are submitting reviews. (low priority).

Upstreaming WR docs status
Dealing with content that is both upstream/downstream - question from last week. How should we handle content that is WR-specific but embedded in shared files? For example, a topic has a feature with subsections and 1 of them is a WR-only item. May use includes or other tags to work around this. Ron will investigate and let us know recommendations.
Some of the display issues in the draft upstreaming reviews that we discussed last week are resolved. New patch sets will be coming to fix those issues. New patch sets to existing reviews are preferred, to keep comment continuity.
In future, we will probably need a longer meeting to go over the reviews in more detail.

TOC mapping discussion (updated doc from Juanita)
The text in purple indicates new topics, since Greg created the comparison docs with an earlier release of WRCP.
We want to discuss the features/functionality of STX December release as compared to the WRCP GA release also in December. This may impact which doc content is published on the STX website. For example, if GA release supports a feature that is not supported on STX, then we wouldn't want to confuse STX users by describing it. Discuss with Greg and team about the best way to align content with functionality.

Display multiple versions of STX docs - no update this week