[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meeting] Docs site theme (was: Docs team notes 2020-08-19)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 3 18:01:05 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-03 17:14:33 +0000 (+0000), Camp, MaryX wrote:
[...]
> In the STX docs meeting yesterday, we discussed your suggestion
> about forking the theme into the STX docs repo. The team agrees
> that this is the right time to implement it.
[...]

Oh, one other upshot I likely missed mentioning (since it didn't
dawn on me until just now), putting the theme in a branched
repository and building documentation from each branch will require
that the theme implementation gets backported to the existing
branches, and any changes you make to theming over time would also
need to be backported accordingly to maintain consistency. It's
probably not a big deal since those files are unlikely to ever
diverge, only become outdated, so as long as you backport each
change to the theme and extensions it should be trivial to maintain.
Still, it *is* one more thing to remember when proposing, reviewing,
and approving changes for those files.
--
Jeremy Stanley