[Starlingx-discuss] Regarding stx-openstack aplication deployment in R4.0

Amit Mahajan ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 11:10:38 UTC 2020

Hi All,

We are deploying *StarlingX R4.0 Duplex Bare metal mode*.

While downloading stx-openstack applications manifests and helm-charts from
the public domain (CENGN StarlingX mirror
<http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/>), we got to the
“4.0.1” release folder. Exploring it further, we found that “
stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz” was placed at following
two locations.

   1.
   http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/4.0.1/centos/
   containers
   /outputs/helm-charts/stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz
   <http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/4.0.1/centos/containers/outputs/helm-charts/stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz>
   2.
   http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/4.0.1/centos/
   flock
   /outputs/helm-charts/stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz
   <http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/4.0.1/centos/flock/outputs/helm-charts/stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz>

Both the “stx-openstack-1.0-49-centos-stable-versioned.tgz” placed at above
paths are different (checked md5 checksum). We explored a couple of charts
(heat and neutron) inside these tgz files, but only difference was in
*requirement.lock
*and that too was only in the time of generation. However,
*plugins/k8sapp_openstack-1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
*seems different in both these files. Considering the plugin related
differences, please suggest which one should be used for deploying the
stx-openstack application.

Regards,

Amit