[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-09-09

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Sep 9 20:37:22 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-09-09
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  0
All -- bug status -- 6 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
Reviews in progress:
	5 reviews related to Rook are ready to review per discuss list message: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-August/009452.html

All -- Opens

Upstreaming WR docs status
	None of the existing reviews are actionable - still in the testing phase.
	Output generator tool is working pretty smoothly now. They've taken a snapshot of everything, did a pass of cleanup, and shared it with the team doing the upstreaming.
	Next steps will be for that team to start submitting reviews.
	What to do about links between different chapters/books? Will it build locally with tox? Will it build if submitted via gerrit/zuul? Can test this locally - figure out a plan.
	DITA task topics have pre-reqs, task/steps, & post-reqs subsections. Exporting to XML makes these subsection heads into real headings, which we don't want. Ron investigated & tested the RST "rubric" directive, which allows these to be ignored from the TOC as headings. Team approved this approach.

Display multiple versions of STX docs
	Jeremy has submitted 2 reviews to port over the openstackdocs theme files into the STX docs repo:  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/750005 and https://review.opendev.org/#/c/750006/
	He's still figuring out which files are required and which are OpenStack-specific (can be deleted).

Release 3.0.1:  Mary will attend release meeting this week and ask about Release Notes. Likely to be a simple format like R2.01 RN [https://docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/r2_0_1_release.html]