[Starlingx-discuss] [Build] Debranding

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Mon Sep 14 20:30:34 UTC 2020

Re the list you seem to be compiling ...

Not so sure limiting the search to just these file types is productive,
although it does identify instances that can likely change independently
of the build infrastructure.  My personal concern is limited to those
that ARE tied to the build infrastructure.  e.g. TIS_PATCH_VER in
build_srpm.data and %{?_tis_dist}.%{tis_patch_ver} in spec files.

I'm also a bit skeptical of just publishing a count.  I'd suggest
something like a google docs spreadsheet, with fields for package, file
path, reference type (comment, method, class, local variable, global
variable, file name, ...), reference value (e.g. variable name in
full).   The goal would be an ability to filter and/or sort on a field.

e.g. Filtering on a variable's name might allow identification of both
source code that uses the variable, and yaml files that might initialize
the variable.  They would all have to change in a co-ordinated fashion.
Seeds for a task that a designer might tackle independent of the big picture