[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX community call Sep 16 2020

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Sep 16 14:49:56 UTC 2020

Sep 16

  *   Standing Topics

  *   Sanity  has been Green.  Alex has found that with layered images from the last 3 days that BM is fine, but virutal is showing a problem.

  *   Usually tests run in just a few minutes each, but tests are running 10x slower - changed from 2 minutes per test to 20-30 minutes per test!!!

  *   All configurations show the issue.

  *   This started for the runs on Sept 15th.  What changes merged prior to that?  Last green run was from Sept 10th.

  *   Reiews that have merged can be found here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master

  *   Nic to open an LP

  *   Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention

  *   Ceph/Rook reviews - addressing comments from Greg, more work is needed to resolve them. Austin to set a call with cores to discuss.

  *   See  https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+branch:master+topic:%22ceph+containerization%22

  *   Topics for this Week

  *   Project 101 session for the Summit - Volunteer(s) needed!! - ildikov
o    Title: "StarlingX Overview"
o    10 - 15 minute recording with time for live text chat Q&A (max session time of 30 minutes)
o    Oriented toward beginner audience
o    High-level overview suggested touch points:
*         Explain what the project is
*         Where it fits in the software stack
*         Open source projects it integrates with
*         Tools used to contribute/where to find us online
*         How it follows the 4 Opens
?  Yong volunteered to do the recording, thank you!  He and/or community members can cover the Q&A
o    The on-boarding deck on www.starlingx.io<http://www.starlingx.io/> is one option for this content, but that deck is out of date a bit.  Bruce can update it - Ildiko please see if you have the source.
?  https://opendev.org/starlingx/docs/src/branch/master/resources/StarlingX_Onboarding_Deck_February_2020.pptx

  *   Zoom requires a passcode starting September 27 - ildikov

  *   This will require changing the link that we have been using for the last year or so to a new link.

  *   De-branding Approach
*         Current de-branding changes should merge in an orderly way. Start with below patches -
o    https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687401/
o    https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687403/
?  These can be merged once we get some +2's from the Cores - Scott will then remove the -1.
*         Focus on the changes that are visible to end users first, e.g. messages written to log files.
*         Limit to those that ARE tied to the build infrastructure.  e.g. TIS_PATCH_VER in build_srpm.data     and %{?_tis_dist}.%{tis_patch_ver} in spec files.
*         Changing text in source code comments and other innocuous places is not a priority
*         Google docs spreadsheet with fields for package, file path, reference type, reference value - ability     to filter and/or sort on a field. change in a co-ordinated fashion.

  *   ARs from Previous Meetings
?  Nic/Yang: feedback from test perspective on stx.4.0 lessons learned  - not set up yet
?  Docker images - Scott - we are OK on the build side, not sure if we are OK from the test side (60-100 image limit from one IP per hour)
?  AR: Release Team discuss whether or not we should just go ahead & nuke stx.2.0 now, as is our stated policy