[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 25-Aug-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Aug 25 20:15:02 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
25-Aug-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  7
All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.

Status/questions/opens

We have noticed duplicate headings on all the STX doc pages, seems like it started in July?
   Found this WIP review against the openstackdocstheme:  https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstackdocstheme/+/798897
   Asked when this will be merged, hopefully it fixes our issue.

Changing relative paths:  We are still using an older version of sphinx for the Wind River internal docs.
This is because symlinks are not handled correctly in recent/current versions.
We can avoid the errors and move into lockstep with StarlingX by changing some relative paths to avoid '..' (parent dir) notation.
   Ron is working on this now, using doc labels. Keep an eye out for the incoming review, will be tagged DNM so can be verified with downstream WR builds.

We really need to get a handle on what needs to be cherry picked into R5 branch, plus there were a lot of last-minute change to the Install guides that really should be copied into the R6 guides.
   We agreed that this is a goal. Ideally, the link on main page for R5 installs should/will point to R5 branch of installs << link change
   Ron will contact Greg to sort out any potential issues for downstream docs, what to cherry pick, when to stop making changes in R5, etc.

Retrospective
  We will discuss in our meeting next week.