[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 01-Dec-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Dec 2 00:14:41 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings 
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation 

Mary Camp
. All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  18     https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:merged
. All -- bug status -- 9 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed. 


Release Notes for R6.0
   Mary will start a review with a WIP draft.
   Add bullet saying CPU Manager for Kubernetes is no longer supported (deprecated).
   New limitation coming from Chris Friesen (may be differences between upstream & downstream RN and how to handle). 
   Juanita will confirm with him and keep me posted. (Docker registry for GHCR.io)  

How to handle Install Guides for R6.0 
  Current plan is to defer branching the docs repo until the actual release (instead of 2-3 weeks early like the software does).
  This idea came from Scott, Greg and the docs team. 
  We will continue as we have now (latest/7 and supported/6 on main branch, all others on R6 branch).
  Mary find notes about updating version dropdown in the theme. 
Mary has ARs to remove the old guides into archive/deprecated folder and do reviews. 

WR team did a training for gerrit reviews - approx 55 people attended! They will likely do some follow-up sessions also. 

Notification of changes (Ron)
  Recently there was a change to the constraints file that impacted us. How could we find out about these in advance? 
  Find out if the infra/oslo team has meeting minutes that we could monitor? 
  What are the issues we are concerned about:  version of sphinx, theme changes. Ask if they can provide some guidance for what to watch for. 
  Is it oslo team only or is there another team that covers theme? 
  During the meeting, we looked at:
  After the meeting, I found this in the OpenStack Projects list: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/oslo.html
  The Oslo team does support theme. 

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list