[Starlingx-discuss] Controller-1 won't come online after "system host-update 2 personality=controller"

yadav.akshay58 at gmail.com yadav.akshay58 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:36:29 UTC 2021

Hello Owen,

Your con1 gets bootstrapped successfully and when it goes to reboot, it comes up again on PXE network of con0 I.e. mgmt network which results in creation of 3rd node which again says waiting to be configured.

Solution 1 is to keep watching con1 and when it goes to reboot, then change the boot order to hard drive first. But this is only for one time. In future if your system reboots, you will loose your deployment.

Solution 2 is to set the boot order of con1 like hard drive and then pxe boot in bios. Now you can manually put con1 to one shot boot up on pxe and then it will boot up from hard drive always.

Regards
Akshay
Hughes Systique Corporation HSC

Sent from my iPhone