[Starlingx-discuss] Adding IoT devices to StarlingX Subcloud as K8s worker nodes

Thomas Yungblut thomas.yungblut at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:11:58 UTC 2021

Hello,

My team has been attempting to use StarlingX (R5, Distributed cloud
deployment) to monitor and maintain edge cloud servers. Part of our
desired workload is a K8s deployment from one of the subcloud
controllers. Ideally, some pods of this workload would run on
lightweight node such as a Raspberry Pi (running only K8s, not StarlingX
software) but we are having trouble joining this device to the
subcloud's existing K8s cluster.

There seem to have been features in StarlingX related to this in
previous releases but perhaps they have been deprecated. I've attached
screenshots / links below.

Any assistance joining outside nodes to the K8s cluster would be
appreciated.

Screenshots from Open Infrastructure Foundation
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ74G2gKXdpwZkXEsclzcrA>'s YouTube
channel linked below, ~ 35:45 - 36:30
https://youtu.be/Wg095dkagBc?t=2145

--