[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 17-Feb-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Feb 18 02:21:40 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
17-Feb-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  3
All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
   13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority). Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
   New on 10Feb21: Documentation needs to be updated for LAG and VLAN type interfaces [https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285]

Status/questions/opens

We talked about tools. Ron & Juanita are using Visual Studio Code from Microsoft and it's working out very well. Mary knows other folks at Intel who are using this also, look into it.

Back in 2020 we discussed improving the process for release notes for R5.0
   We looked at the Nova example here:   https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/ussuri.html
   We agreed that the STX release notes process doesn't need to be as complicated as the OpenStack tooling and we can do something simpler, like keep a running list in a RST file.
   Suggestion to start with 1 standing "R5 RN" review and get the developers to add bullets as they add features.
   Team agrees with this plan. AR Mary set this up and bring to next week's release team meeting.

The STX RN landing page has 13 project-specific RN links (Bare Metal, Clients, Configuration, etc)
   They haven't been updated since Release 1:  https://docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/index.html#release-notes
   Team agrees this is old info, no longer maintained, and can likely be deleted.
   AR Mary to make a review deleting these bullets, be sure to get broad review and loop in cores from all the sub-projects for their approval.

Ron mentioned there are some existing ASCII formatted tables in the docs that are fragile.
Ron suggests converting them into list tables, to make it easier for future updates and for downstreaming.
Team agrees.