[Starlingx-discuss] STX supported/recommended hardware

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Feb 23 16:38:40 UTC 2021

> Is there such minimum spec for NICs to achieve better performance (low latency/less packet loss)?

No, not really.  We have this [1] but that is more about network setup than NIC requirements.  For small clusters 1g NICs should be fine but 10g might be needed for larger clusters or network intensive workloads.

StarlingX supports DPDK and Time Sensitive Networking, both of which significantly reduce packet latency.

        Brucej

[1] https://docs.starlingx.io/planning/kubernetes/network-requirements.html