[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX support / long term / CentOS 8

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Jan 19 16:16:06 UTC 2021

Our plan for StarlingX was to move to CentOS 8, in fact a lot of the work has already been done in a feature branch.  However RH's announcement impacts that work - we rely on upstream OS vendors for fixes and CVE issue resolution and RH will not be providing LTS for CentOS 8.

We have several options - staying on CentOS 7 (but with the current 4.x kernel) is one of them.  There is work in progress in the community to enable StarlingX on Open Embedded.  There are other options under discussion but we as a community have not closed on our direction.

AFAIK Red Hat does not provide commercial support for StarlingX.  Wind River has a commercial product based on StarlingX.  I suggest you contact them directly for any questions about it.

         brucej