[Starlingx-discuss] Intel N3000 FPGA update on Starlingx

Venkata Ramana Veldanda Venkata.Veldanda at radisys.com
Mon Jan 25 08:29:46 UTC 2021

Hi Community

We are using Stx4.0

I have couple of questions with respect to the N3000 FPGA update

  1.  The Intel FPGA PAC N3000 contains two Intel XL710 NICs, memory, and an Intel FPGA. The procedure to upgrade the firmware images of FPGA is given at: https://docs.starlingx.io/node_management/starlingx-kubernetes/hardware_acceleration_devices/updating-an-intel-n3000-fpga-image.html. What is the procedure to upgrade the firmware of XL710 NICs within the N3000? Or we can use the same procedure even for the XL710 NICs?

  1.  In order to check for the firmware version i.e. already shipped on Intel XL710 NICs, I use the system host-port-list <node> and get the ports mapped to the device ID [0d58] and run "ethtool -i <port-name>". Is this the only way to get the base firmware version or is there a system command from Starlingx to achieve this?

Best Regards,
Venkata Veldanda