[Starlingx-discuss] Query on N3000 image update

Venkata Ramana Veldanda Venkata.Veldanda at radisys.com
Tue Jan 26 01:11:33 UTC 2021

Hi - I'm looking at N3000 (Vistacreek) FPGA image management procedures supported by StarlingX as described in this link: https://docs.starlingx.io/configuration/intel_n3000_fpga.html. I have a couple of  questions:

  1.  We usually run scripts to upgrade the FPGA in VC card. There are two binary images - one for BMC, and another the actual FPGA user image:

bmc_fw_vista_rot_revd_19ww46.5_signed.bin
sr_vista_rot_2x2x25g_19ww43.6_unsigned.bin

The upgrade scripts work on these two images to upgrade the BMC firmware, and the FPGA image.

  1.  In the StarlingX image management procedure, there are commands given to upload the device image, Assign a device label to the device, Apply the device image on one or all supported devices. The question I have is: Can we separately repeat these steps for both images mentioned in point "1" (sr_vista image..., and bmc_fw image..)?

  1.  There is a statement in https://docs.starlingx.io/configuration/intel_n3000_fpga.html, which says - "The Intel FPGA PAC N3000 as shipped from the factory is expected to have production BMC and factory images. The following procedure describes how to update the user image on a host."

Does this mean that StarlingX does not support BMC image update of N3000?

Venkata Veldanda