[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 02-Jun-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Jun 2 20:36:01 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
02-Jun-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  20
All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.

Status/questions/opens

Some big changes are coming - will impact many files - containers is one and terminology is another. Possibly do a "docs freeze" to avoid merge conflicts?
Currently the WR team is targeting 9 June for their docs freeze. Possibly stop all reviews on Monday 7 June? WR team will discuss their options.

R5 Retrospective topics parking lot (see etherpad) - everyone can add items as they think of them or can email them to Mary.

Team agreed to add Juanita as another core reviewer with +2/+1 permissions. Need to remove Bruce.
AR Mary will update the starlingx-docs-core list. [DONE after meeting]

Frequent merge conflicts: since so many of us are updating docs, maybe we need to start making smaller reviews (smaller # of files).

Good practice to delete your old local branches after the reviews are merged:
    git branch -D <name>    << use uppercase D to force delete

Cherry picking into R5 branch - open issues
Discussion about whether we have time to do this now or not? We are unclear on the best process and the order in which they need to be done.
Suggestion for a separate cherry pick session after we hear from Scott.