[Starlingx-discuss] Adding hosts (Bare Metal AIO Duplex)

Williams, Alexander Alexander.Williams at commscope.com
Mon Jun 7 16:22:54 UTC 2021

Hi all,

My current understanding is that whenever adding a host (esp. controller-1) using the system host-update command after a PXE boot, StarlingX will install the base image and then perform the configuration steps to make it a controller, worker, etc., overwriting anything that was previously installed on the machine.

  1.  Is my understanding of host-update correct, or am I missing something important here? Does host-add do the same thing, but gets run on controller-0 before booting and not after?
  2.  If I install the StarlingX image on a server that will become controller-1, is there any way to add it to the host list of controller-0 and configure its personality without the server reinstalling StarlingX?

Best,
Alex