[Starlingx-discuss] Adding hosts (Bare Metal AIO Duplex)

Wensley, Barton Barton.Wensley at windriver.com
Thu Jun 10 19:24:56 UTC 2021

Alex,

I don't think you will be able to pre-install controller-1 and then add it to the system. When the first controller is installed, a unique UUID is generated. That UUID is then copied on to each host in the system as it is installed. I'm pretty sure that if you were to pre-install a host (e.g. from an ISO), the UUID will not match and when it boots it will fail to initialize (there will be a configuration failure and the services won't come up).

Bart